Sunday, October 31

busy lazy Sunday

It is a wonderful thing when you have the whole day to do nothing: no chores, no work, no to-do lists... that's when the creative juices flow - or at least, that's when my creative juices flow. Such was my day today, and I decided to take on two new things at once, baking scones and using vanilla bean, both for the very first time.

I chose the Petite Vanilla Bean Scone recipe from The Pioneer Woman website (that woman is genius!) and it was quite easy, I did not have a pastry blender (note to self, buy one) but used two knives to cut the butter into the flour and had no problem whatsoever. They came out very nice, moist and as delicious as the ones I often buy from Starbucks.

Still inspired, I roasted sweet potatoes to make a Mashed Sweet Potatoes for dinner (it is better to roast than to boil) and hopefully that is gonna be good too.

Give me more days like today and I will become a very accomplished Domestic Diva!

No comments:

Post a Comment