Tuesday, November 9

the bald man knows best

We hit a sweet spot in Vegas today: Max Brenner, Chocolate by the Bald Man. A friend of mine, Karol,  introduced me to this amazing place years ago in NYC, where I had the best chocolate truffle cake ever.  I was thrilled when I heard of their restaurant opening at the Caesar's Forum Shops in Las Vegas. I told Mark about it and normally he dislikes going to the Strip but since the word "chocolate" was mentioned that was no longer a problem for him. 

You can't help but think of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory as you walk in, chocolate is everywhere, all around, including in the air. Sweet! We deliberately ignored their brunch and lunch menu and did not pay any attention to the waitress's high recommendation of a savory BLT sandwich: bacon who? Give us chocolate! And chocolate we got: the sampler plate named 'Sharing, for two', a bit of almost everything: banana split waffle, crispy chocolate eggroll, white and milk chocolate bark, chocolate sponge cake and fondue.  Oh, scrumptiousness! It is impossible to make chocolate taste better!

We brought home a fondue set for two, it comes with the chocolate. We are looking forward to try it soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hummmmm the pictures makes me smell the chocolate!
    BTW, do you have your camera every place you go or you use your cellphone? great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max Brenner is the best ever! I tried it the last time I've been in NYC...their waffle is amazing! I am looking forward to have them here in Boston!

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cris, I take my camera with me.My cellphone's camera does not do the job well and I want to learn how to take better pictures.

    Helena, the waffle is the best! I'm so glad the have opened in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete