Tuesday, December 7

Daniel Striepeke Artwork

I am always impressed by creative minds and in my book my brother-in-law Daniel Striepeke takes the cake. A retired Hollywood make-up artist, two times Oscar-nominated (Forest Gump and Saving Private Ryan), he spent sixty years in the movie industry (nineteen of them exclusively as Tom Hanks make up artist), enabling movie stars to have the right look for the right scene and he surely excelled on that. So when he retired a few years ago (his last movie was The DaVinci code) we were not surprised that he took on another form of creating art: sculptures. I've been photographing his artwork for the last two years and putting them on videos to showcase the range of his art and the amazing details of each piece. This is the most recent video with his latest pieces 'The Meeting' and 'Jesus'.

I was overjoyed when he called me to tell that he really liked the newest video. I am a huge fan of his work and to have him to like mine is not a small thing for me!




Jake being photographed by me (Mark plays with his Ipod in the background)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ines,

    I came across your website while looking for more information on Daniel Striepeke. I was wondering if you knew if he was every in stationed at Mather Air Force Base in the fifties as a Staff Sargent. I've found a photo of him in a yearbook with units stationed at Mather and wondered if he knew a man named Charles Pennington in the Armament and Electronics Maintenance Supply Unit.

    By the way I love the short movie of his art work. So much creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brita,

    I will ask him! Thanks for visiting!

    Inês

    ReplyDelete