Tuesday, November 16

five things you didn't know you needed (from the Container Store)

First of all, let me say I love The Container Store. They have the cleverest stuff for organization and I ressent the fact that they don't have a store in Las Vegas.  I particularly like the elfa line, and would probably be a better person, more together and more organized if I owned more of their stuff.

But I guess the organized minds must have a sense of humor because every end of the year they make available an assortment of small and cheap ($2-$20) items called "Stocking Stuffers" and some of them are borderline silly, or silly all the way and back.

Here are my 2010 favorites:

1. Safety Touch ($9.99) I think it is for people who wants to take a mild stand against germs and virus, because if they were serious about it they would buy a whole protection suit and a mask or just use an ordinary hand sanitizer.

2. Fuzzy Finger Mitt ($2.99) Apparently a very popular item. I think I will buy five of them so I can clean my TV too. It can also be used as a snuggie for your cold fingers.

3. Alligetter Garbage Disposal Retriever ($19.99) I'm not sure about this one... I don't like to stick my fingers in the disposal,  it also could be used in the car to retrieve coins and other small stuff. I think I just find the name cheesy. The "how it works"video is silly. I wonder if the lady giggled between takes,  I know I would!

4. Tag Light ($4.99) Seriously?!? Don't we have enough pockets to empty before doing the laundry? 

5. Microwave Hot Clip ($4.99 - also available in black) Because pot holders are so yesterday and you have plenty of space in your drawers and countertops for important items like this one.

But not all is of no use, there are several items that are cute, useful and smart on the Stocking Stuffers list. Here is a bonus to the 'five list' (the Season makes me generous) and a true favorite of mine: Cable ID. Smart, huh?

1 comment: