Sunday, November 14

thanksgiving

Last night Mark and I hosted a small early Thanksgiving Dinner. This year we are spending the holiday in Los Angeles at his sister's house but I had been itching to host one of my own. We invited our Pastor and his wife (a dear, dear friend of mine) and another couple from our church that happens to have the same last name as ours.

Everything turned out very good,  I was so glad to see our guests (and Mark) going for seconds and in some cases, thirds! There were barely any leftovers even though I cooked lots of food. Oh Joy!

I wanted to take pictures of the food as it came out of the oven, but cooking, serving, entertaining AND taking pictures is more than I can handle and I did not want the food to get cold. Today I took pictures of the leftovers, so I could have at least a little bit of it registered and recorded.

The Menu:
Green Beans and Pine Nuts
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Sausage and Chestnuts Stuffing (I roasted chestnuts for the first time!)
Deep Fried Turkey (we got an indoor fryer and loved it)
Gravy (I used the Williams-Sonoma  Turkey Gravy Base, awesome stuff!)
Cranberry Sauce ( I made a basic recipe and added orange zest)

Our foyer decoration.

Each guest had a different thanksgiving card. They were:
We give thanks for friends
We give thanks for family
We give thanks for provision
We give thanks for our health
We give thanks for Salvation
We give thanks for today 

 Our coffee table decoration.

6 comments:

  1. very Beautiful!! You are always such an amazing hostess! Everything looks gorgeous! And your pictures are wonderful! Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! Everything was so beautiful I observe how you incorporate this such powerful holiday to our reality. Happy thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I say something Ines? Maybe you are not a domestic diva, or not an amazing cook, but I can recognize a talent when you take pictures of food and things related with food.

    If you really enjoy doing those pictures, I encourage you to look for a photographer course. I can imagine what you can do after have more instruction since you have such good results enjoying a hobby. You are good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls, it was a lovely dinner! xx

    Cris, thank you for the encouragement, it is something to think about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Wish I could've come too! <3

    ReplyDelete