Sunday, June 19

{this week} in my kitchen

Cherries are my absolute favorite Summer fruit.  Interesting enough, I was already an adult when I first had fresh cherries.  Growing up in Brazil, I knew only the maraschino cherries, and even some of those weren't the real thing since most brands make them out of green papaya or chayote.  
It was love at first bite and now when I think of Summer they are one of the first things that come to my mind. 


I found this recipe for Asparagus with Prosciutto di Parma, Pecorino Pepato, and Poached Eggs and decided it to give a try. Very easy and very tasty! I substituted the Pecorino Pepato cheese for Pecorino Romano (I wouldn't know the difference anyways) and baked the asparagus instead of grilling. It was delicious! 
We had it for dinner but I bet it would be fabulous for breakfast too! 


These are "Biscoitos de Queijo. Made with yucca starch, cheese and eggs, they are crunchy and chewy with a somewhat dense texture -something between a cookie and a pound cake but of a savory nature - they always remind me of home in Brazil.


2 comments: